I love my slow cooker. That is an understatement. I don’t know how I lived before my slow cooker. I use it for at least 4 out of 6 meals per week (one night for leftovers!) and it makes cooking with 3 children that much easier! I just put it all in during nap time then serve it! Plus, it makes my house smell delicious!!!!! And, as a bonus, if you use slow cooker liners it’s even less to clean up!!! I am the dishwasher in my house so I am beyond thankful for that!
So without further ado, here are my top 5 slow cooker recipes that my family and myself can’t live without:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowl (http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2014/10/01/slow-cooker-chicken-burrito-bowl/)- We LOVE this recipe. It is so simple and requires few, cheaper ingredients. We always have leftovers with this! We top it with avocado, tomato, onion and a dollop of sour cream! Yum!
- Slow Cooker John Wayne Casserole (http://www.themagicalslowcooker.com/2015/06/04/slow-cooker-john-wayne-casserole/)- Beef, potatoes and cheese. What else can you possibly need? This meal is filling, delicious, simple and again requires few ingredients. Only change I make to it is I add the peppers and onions in the slow cooker without cooking them with the meat first. I don’t like them too mushy!!!
- Cheesy Crockpot Tortellini (http://belleofthekitchen.com/2014/03/14/cheesy-crockpot-tortellini/)- Ok I just have to say, YUM!!! I always double this (I absolutely have to have leftovers!). I omit the mushrooms because I am allergic but it is sooo amazing! The sauce is just perfect and I love the cheesy goodness!
- Slow cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili (http://queenbeecoupons.com/crock-pot-slow-cooker-quinoa-chicken-chili-recipe/#_a5y_p=3451983)- This is so good, and actually decently healthy! I love quinoa and it is so perfect in this dish! I love chili a lot, but sometimes it’s nice to switch up from the traditional chili and this is a great substitute!
- Easy Slow Cooker Taco Pasta (http://www.bettycrocker.com/How-To/TipsLibrary/Tools-Equipment/Easy-Slow-Cooker-Taco-Pasta)- All the joy of a taco in pasta? Sign me up! Not only is it less messy, it is so easy in the crockpot!!! It is such a simple, creamy dish that your whole family will love!!!
So there ya have it! These are always on rotation, especially now during these cold months when you want something hearty and filling! I hope you all enjoy!